Each year, our Public Works Department assesses the City’s paved roads. The roads are categorized into six (6) classifications: Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Very Poor, Failed. We categorize the roads using a national standard. Using this and other data, the City then prioritizes the roads based on health and safety considerations; planned improvements to utility lines; higher volume over lower volume roads (this is the number of cars on the road per day); and long-term preservation of existing assets.
To see the work completed from July 2017 to June 2020 look at the map shown here: Completed Projects Map.
To see the current plan for July 2020 to June 2021 take a look at the map shown here: Current Projects Map.
- Snow Removal
- Street Sweeping
- Asphalt Maintenance
- Shoulder Mowing
- River Channel Maintenance
American Fork City Snow Removal Policy
American Fork City strives to provide timely, efficient and cost effective snow and ice removal on its roadways. Each storm or weather event produces different variables which affect how we respond with our snow removal equipment. Snow Removal Ordinance (PDF)
Summing it up:
- In accordance with City ordinance, no parking is permitted on City streets from Nov.1st to Mar 31st when a measurable amount of snow has fallen and the street has not been plowed since the snow fell. City ordinance (PDF)
- Street plowing priority is based on the roads classification and usage intensity. Priority map
- City ordinance prohibits snow or ice removed from private property from being deposited in the public right-of-way. Snow Removal Ordinance (PDF)
- Salt is only used at intersections, on hills, in school zones or limited areas where deemed necessary.
- In subdivisions and cul-de-sacs, our plows focus on keeping a travel lane in each direction passable.
- It is not the policy of American Fork City to maintain bare pavement on City streets.
The mission of the American Fork City Street Department is to provide the best service possible to the residents of American Fork. We will continually work to improve the quality of life for our residents by maintaining clean, safe, hazard-free roadways, while striving to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to citizen requests and concerns.