Utah's Online Public Library With Utah's Online Public Library, a service of the Utah State Library and the American Fork Library, you can:
- Download an eBook, eAudiobook, magazine, or video from the Beehive Library Consortium
- Find auto repair instructions
- Search genealogical information
- Access newspaper articles from a local or national newspaper
- Get full-text magazine or journal articles for a school project
- Take practice tests for GED, ACT, or SAT
- And more!
eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines & Videos from OverDrive/Libby
Did you know that you can borrow electronic books and audiobooks from the library? You can enjoy them on almost any device, including your phone, tablet, Kindle, or computer. (Magazines and videos too!)
The simplest way to get started is by downloading the Libby app on your phone or tablet. Libby allows you to find, borrow, read, and listen to books all in one place. If you are using a Kindle or computer, beehive.overdrive.com will connect you to the library’s digital collection. You just need your library card and PIN to get started.
More detailed instructions and FAQ's are available at help.libbyapp.com and overdrive.com/apps/overdrive.
As part of the Beehive Library Consortium our library partners with the Utah State Library system in sharing electronic titles with patrons around Utah. American Fork residents always jump to the front of the line for our own materials. This means that when you put a book on hold, the wait time is often much shorter than anticipated. Plus, it gives librarians an idea of what our community is reading so we can purchase copies just for you.
All you need is a computer and a library card to open up a whole new world of work and study information!
The LearningExpress Library offers a highly-acclaimed e-learning and test preparation solution for students and professionals. It offers personalized learning and individualized study plans. Organized into targeted learning centers, LearningExpress Library supports those looking to improve core academic skills, pass the GED, prepare for college, join the military, obtain occupational certification, find a job, change careers, become a U.S. citizen and much more.
- Job & Career Accelerator - Job Hunting Platform, Job and Internship Search Engines, Resume and Cover Letter Builders, Skills and Interest Assessments, Occupation Explorers, Interviewing Tips, Career Advice Library, College Finder, and Scholarship Finder
- Skills Improvement for All Ages - Reading, Math and Reasoning, Writing and Grammar, Vocabulary and Spelling, Science, Public Speaking
- GED (General Education Development) Preparation
- College Preparation - ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement, College Admissions, College Placement
- Graduate School Entrance Exam Preparation - GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT
- Popular Software Tutorials - Microsoft Office, Adobe, Corel WordPerfect, Windows & Mac Operating Systems
- Job Search and Workplace Skills - Business Writing, Resumes, Interviewing Skills, TOEIC Preparation, WorkKeys Preparation
- Licensing and Certification Preparation - AT-SAT, Civil Service, CDL, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Electrician's License, EMT & Paramedic, Firefighter, Law Enforcement, Military, Nursing, LSAT, Plumber's License, Real Estate, Teaching & Praxis, Test Taking Improvement
- U.S. Citizenship Test Preparation
- Resources in Spanish / Recursos para Hispanohablantes
A great free resource provided to our patrons from the Utah State Library! Creativebug gives you access to over 1000 online art & craft classes, plus patterns, templates, recipes, even daily practice series! Click here to get started, all you need is your American Fork Library card!
Wireless Printing at the American Fork Library
- Web browser (from a laptop in the library or from home): printeron.net/afcl/lib use your email address as user info, then pick up at upstairs printer station in Library with same email.
- Email (send your document to this email address and use that same address when picking up at the upstairs printer station in Library): for black & white prints send to email@example.com, for color prints sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- App for tablet or smart phone: Printeron (available for free in app store)
Single-sided printing only
BookMyne™ is an app that makes it quick and easy to access your local library on the go! Search your library’s catalog, download items, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your iOS or Android device. Free download available in iTunes App Store and Android Play Store. UPDATE 1/17/2020 BookMyne is available again for Android users, however, the "Nearby Library" search and barcode scanner are not functional in the current Android version.
LGBTQ+ Book List
Click here for a comprehensive, but not an exhaustive list of LGBTQ, gender identity, family diversity, and defying gender norms topics for kids, teens, and adults. Materials contain a protagonist with one or more of these traits, or features LGBTQ themes in a positive and supportive viewpoint.
Mountain West Digital Library
Mountain West Digital Library is a central search portal for digital collections about the Mountain West region. It provides free access to over 900,000 resources from universities, colleges, public libraries, museums, historical societies, and government agencies, counties, and municipalities in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona, Montana, Hawaii, and other parts of the U.S. West.
Click here to see American Fork City royalty pictures from 1928-1983.
Click here to see Historic American Fork buildings and people.