The Building Department is charged with enforcing minimum building code requirements within American Fork City. By adhering to these standards, we are safeguarding the health and safety of the residents of American Fork and the general public.
American Fork City Building Department is staffed with committed, professional employees who are working to ensure that all construction within our City conforms to building code requirements.
By performing thorough inspections, we are helping to protect you and your most valuable investments - your home.
- What do I need to know to add to my home, finish a basement, build a fence, or learn more about setbacks? (see Building Department Checklists)
- Where do I learn more about basement/accessory apartments? (see code 17.5.134 - Accessory apartments)
- What do I need to know to develop a subdivision, a new commercial project, or a new industrial project? (see Development Review Process)
- How do I apply for a business license? (see Business License & Renewal)
- Why do I need a building permit?
- When is a building permit required?
- What do building permits cost?
- Can I draw the plans myself?
- Who is responsible for obtaining a permit?
- Can I get a permit for just the footing / foundation prior to getting a permit for the main structure?
- What comes with the permit?
- How do I schedule inspections?